Thursday, August 19, 2010

Change of plans...

I remember I started blogging here because I was incensed by the courtroom drama in Jessica Lal's case, back in 2006, and as an angsty teenager, I needed an outlet. I remember it was also a time when social media was just blossoming in India, and the possibilities were exciting. I named this blog "Stand for a cause" back then, as I was hugely frustrated by the lack of action around me, with regard to what Amartya Sen calls "remediable injustices".
Four years since then, I've perhaps lost the passion for causes, and like any adult, am more inclined to accept things as they are. Also, two years as a law student, my perception of law has changed quite a bit, and is definitely more informed now. So I propose here, from this moment onwards, to write more specifically about law, more objectively with the ideas it deals with, and yeah, be more regular. My prime areas of interest being constitutional law, international law and intellectual property, I intend to focus more upon these, but of course that does not rule out deviations. I'm hardly prone to following straight lines. Further I also feel that law, being inter-disciplinary, can rarely be understood without widening sights. This process of narrowing down to specifics, while keeping the larger picture in view, is not easy, and I hope I'd be upto the task; if I begin losing my head, do tell me..=) 
So here I formally announce that I have decided to change my plans, and in light of the same, hereby re-christen this blog to "Law and Perceptions"...
                                                                                     
...Hope you are not averse to the change...

                                         ....The blog's at least orange now! ;) 


Tweet This

No comments: